Beware! Using these apps might deactivate your WhatsApp account
WhatsApp, the Facebook-owned messaging app that has greater than a billion customers, is at the moment issuing warnings and requesting its customers to keep away from using third-party clone apps akin to GB WhatsApp or WhatsApp Plus. According to the corporate, those that are using WhatsApp’s clones are at a security danger as the corporate doesn’t assist such third-party apps and can’t authenticate their safety practices.
WhatsApp will be quickly banning accounts of these customers who are using an unsupported model of WhatsApp as a substitute of the official WhatsApp app. If a consumer’s account is blocked, they are required to obtain the official model of WhatsApp to renew working of the app. Before they obtain the official WhatsApp app, customers are prompt to avoid wasting their chat historical past. This is relevant in case customers are using an app apart from WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp.
“WhatsApp cares deeply about the safety of our users. To protect the privacy and security of their account, it is strongly recommended that users only download WhatsApp from official app stores or from the website,” WhatsApp spokesperson advised Indian Express.
Apparently, WhatsApp has already began quickly banning customers from using the preferred chatting app, suggests studies. If the chat historical past of a consumer is discovered to be violating the principles, then in such a case the whole chat historical past of the consumer would be deleted, warned the corporate.
Check out the steps beneath to change to the official WhatsApp app:
For GB WhatsApp customers:
- Wait in your short-term ban to finish. The timer will present you the size of the ban.
- Go to GB WhatsApp, faucet More choices > Chats > Back up chats.
- Go to Phone Settings > faucet Storage > Files and discover GB WhatsApp folder.
- In the higher proper nook, faucet More > Rename and rename the folder to “WhatsApp”.
- Go to Google Play Store and obtain the official WhatsApp app.
- In WhatsApp, confirm your telephone quantity with OTP.
- Tap Restore> Next on the Backup discovered display.
- WhatsApp will load your present chats from the unofficial app.
For WhatsApp Plus customers:
1: Go to Google Play Store, obtain the official WhatsApp app and set up it.
- Verify your telephone quantity and all of your present chats will mechanically switch to the official WhatsApp app.
Note: Ensure that you delete any unofficial apps or APKs deleted from the telephone to keep away from points.