Volatility Workbench is a graphical consumer interface (GUI) for the Volatility tool. Volatility is a command line reminiscence evaluation and forensics device for extracting artifacts from reminiscence dumps. Volatility Workbench is free, open supply and runs in Windows.
It offers a number of benefits over the command line model together with:
- No want of remembering command line parameters.
- Storage of the working system profile, KDBG tackle and course of record with the reminiscence dump, in a .CFG file. When a reminiscence picture is re-loaded, this protects quite a lot of time and avoids the frustration of not figuring out the proper profile to pick out.
- Simpler copy & paste.
- Simpler printing of paper copies (by way of proper click on).
- Simpler saving of the dumped info to a file on disk.
- A drop down record of obtainable instructions and a brief description of what the command does.
- Time stamping of the instructions executed.
- Auto-loading the primary dump file discovered within the present folder.
- Support for analysing Mac and Linux reminiscence dumps.