PF_RING™ is a brand new kind of community socket that dramatically improves the packet seize velocity, and that’s characterised by the next properties:
- Available for Linux kernels 2.6.32 and newer.
- No must patch the kernel: simply load the kernel module.
- 10 Gbit Hardware Packet Filtering utilizing commodity community adapters
- User-space ZC (new technology DNA, Direct NIC Access) drivers for excessive packet seize/transmission velocity because the NIC NPU (Network Process Unit) is pushing/getting packets to/from userland with none kernel intervention. Using the 10Gbit ZC driver you’ll be able to ship/obtained at wire-velocity at any packet sizes.
- PF_RING ZC library for distributing packets in zero-copy throughout threads, purposes, Virtual Machines.
- Device driver unbiased.
- Support of Accolade, Exablaze, Endace, Fiberblaze, Inveatech, Mellanox, Myricom/CSPI, Napatech, Netcope and Intel (ZC) community adapters.
- Kernel-based packet seize and sampling.
- Libpcap assist (see under) for seamless integration with present pcap-primarily based purposes.
- Ability to specify hundred of header filters along with BPF.
- Content inspection, in order that solely packets matching the payload filter are handed.
- PF_RING™ plugins for superior packet parsing and content material filtering.
If you wish to learn about PF_RING™ internals or for the User’s Manual go to the Documentation part.