Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based mostly on rainbow
tables. It is a really environment friendly implementation of rainbow tables
carried out by the inventors of the strategy. It comes with a
Graphical User Interface and runs on a number of platforms.
- Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, …
- Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- Free tables out there for Windows XP and Vista/7.
- Brute-force module for easy passwords.
- Audit mode and CSV export.
- Real-time graphs to investigate the passwords.
- LiveCD out there to simplify the cracking.
- Dumps and hundreds hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition.
- Free and open supply software program (GPL).