LibreOffice 6.2 New Features Include Notebookbar UI Interface, Performance Improvements, And More
The Document Foundation yesterday introduced the discharge and speedy availability for obtain of the favored free and open-source workplace suite, LibreOffice 6.2 for Windows, Linux and macOS. It comes six months after model 6.1 was released in August final 12 months.
The important main launch of LibreOffice 6.2 is the NotebookBar, which was in an experimental part for fairly a while, is predicated on the MUFFIN idea (“My User Friendly & Flexible Interface”). The NotebookBar is obtainable in three variants: Tabbed, Grouped and Contextual and isn’t enabled by default. Each taste has a distinct strategy to the menu format, and complement the normal Toolbars and Sidebar.
“The Tabbed variant aims to provide a familiar interface for users coming from proprietary office suites and is supposed to be used primarily without the sidebar, while the Grouped one allows to access “first-level” features with one click on and “second-level” features with a most of two clicks,” says the official blog post.
Let’s have a look at LibreOffice 6.2 new and improved features:
- The assist system presents quicker filtering of index key phrases, highlighting search phrases as they’re typed and displaying outcomes based mostly on the chosen module.
- Context menus have been tidied up, to be extra constant throughout the completely different elements within the suite.
- Change monitoring performances have been dramatically improved, particularly in massive paperwork.
- In Writer, it’s now attainable to repeat spreadsheet knowledge into tables as a substitute of simply inserting them as objects.
- In Calc, it’s now attainable to do multivariate regression evaluation utilizing the regression device. In addition, many extra statistical measures at the moment are obtainable within the evaluation output, and the new REGEX operate has been added, to match textual content in opposition to an everyday expression and optionally change it.
- In Impress & Draw, the movement path of animations can now be modified by dragging its management factors. In addition, a few text-related drawing types have been added, in addition to a Format Table submenu in Draw.
- LibreOffice Online, the cloud-based model of the suite, contains many enhancements too. On cellular gadgets, the user interface has been simplified, with higher responsiveness and updates to the on-screen keyboard.
Further, LibreOffice 6.2 would be the final model for which the undertaking presents Linux x86 32-bit binary packages. You can discover all the small print of the newest LibreOffice model here and likewise a brief video on the identical. LibreOffice 6.2 is available for download for Windows, Linux, and macOS.